Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted
Q: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?
A: There are so many books that I could recommend, but I'm going to go with one that I read recently. I recently had the pleasure of reading Jolene Perry's The Next Door Boys, that book was simply amazing. Yes, it is a christian/mormon book. But you, know, it's really not that bad, for all of you out there that don't like those types of books. This book shows how one girl can be so strong after and during her fight with cancer.
Another good book I read is Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts. Not much like the movie. I have recommended this book many times and I have read this book numerous times.
What books would do you think everyone should read?
I haven't read either of these books yet but I'll have to give them a try. I'm a new follower.
ReplyDeletehttp://readinginthemountains.blogspot.com/
Wow, I haven't heard of either of these! Thanks for the recommends, though. :)
ReplyDeleteNew follower. Happy Friday!
Alexandra~
http://www.wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com
Hopping through. I didn't know Next Door Boys was an LDS book. What's it about exactly?
ReplyDeleteMy Hop
I haven't heard of these books.
ReplyDeleteAlison, it's a bout a girl that overcame cervical cancer and had to practically beg her parents to let her go to college with her brother and live away from them. She becomes stronger, makes great friends and finds love when she wasn't looking for it. It will make you laugh and cry.
ReplyDeletenew follower :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of either of these books but I wil have to check them out!
Happy Friday and check out my follow Friday!
http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-9.html
Hopping through.
ReplyDeleteFollowing through GFC.
My Follow Friday
I promised a couple of fellow book bloggers I wouldn’t “machine gun” my Follow Friday posts on the blogs I visit but this week’s Follow Friday has inspired me to make an important exception.
ReplyDeleteThe book I think everyone should read is a work of non-fiction called The Four Hour Workweek. The thing is, the book is very well written and entertaining so it reads like a work of fiction. What the book can do to enhance your life and change the way you live day by day seems unbelievable on its face which might mark it a legitimate work of fiction for the skeptics out there.
If you read this work of non-fiction and really follow the advice it gives and apply the insights you’ll gain, your life will read like a modern tale fairytale.
I encourage, implore and even insist you follow me back to my book blog so you can find out why I think EVERYONE should read The Four Hour Workweek – http://www.howardsherman.net
TGIFF!
Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net
Both of those sound really good! I'll have to check them out, I hadn't heard of them before. Happy #FF (new follower) and Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteMegan @ Read It, See It
The next Door Boys sounds like a great read I keep seeing amazing reviews on it I definitely have added on on my wishlist!
ReplyDeleteGiselle
Xpresso Reads
The Little Prince by Antoine de St. Exupery.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first I've heard of those books. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower!
Have a great weekend!
notjustnonsense.blogspot.com