November 1, 2011

Review: The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

Title: The Rose Garden
Author: Susanna Kearsley
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
Pages: Paperback, 448
Genre:  Historical Romance, Chick-Lit, Fantasy
Release Date: October 1st 2011 (first published April 15th 2011)
Source: Goodreads First Reads and Publisher
  
Summary (from Goodreads)
Eva Ward is a modern woman thrown back three centuries to 1715 only to find that might be exactly where she belongs. There she finds true love with Daniel Butler, but the discord surrounding Hanoverian King George plunges the lovers into a world of intrigue, treason, and love. 

My Review:

I just want to start off by saying I won this book in the Goodreads First Reads giveaway and it was sent to me by the publisher.

This book was simply amazing! I didn't know if I would like it while I was reading the first chapter as I am not one for heartfelt weeping. The first chapter of the book talked about the characters loss of her sister. But as I moved into the second chapter I jumped right in feet first and didn't want to come up for air until the very end.

The writer has a way of bringing the reader into her story. I felt as though I was sitting there on the sidelines watching this whole amazing story unfold right in front of me from start to finish. There was so much detail into the writing that it made everything so believable. There was definitely a lot of research that went into this to discuss the past of 300 years ago. This is the first book that I have read by Kearsley and will definitely not be the last!

I did enjoy reading about the strength one sister had in overcoming her loss of another sister, the pain she had felt and the telling of her past with her family. I also enjoyed the time travel aspect of the story and her new found love for Daniel. This book also had a surprise twist at the end that I did not see coming. I love it when you think you got the story figured out and then you get surprised.

I don't want to brag too much on the story and give it away. I think that if anyone that has a love of romance, time travel and coming of age stories, definitely pick this book up.


Star Rating:  






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...