December 3, 2011

Review: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Title: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
Publisher: HarperTeen
Edition: Paperback, 286
Genre: Young Adult/Contemporary
Release Date: September 1st 2007
Series: Pretty Little Liars
Source: paperback


Summary (from Goodreads)
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic, sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back?


My Review:

I simply don't know what to say about this book. I'll be honest, it wasn't as great as I thought that it would be, even though I just had to finish it.

For me, I had to try to imagine what it would be like in this rich, preppy, high clad, high class society in order for me understand some of it. I will be perfectly honest, I didn't even know some of the brands of things that the writer was talking about half the time.

I did, however, enjoy that the writer took you through the lives of these four girls as they grew apart, I mean, you didn't go through 7th grade to 10th grade with each of them. You saw how their lives were in 7th grade before their friend, Ali, disappeared, and then you saw them three years later as their lives were coming back together again. Each chapter was about a different girl and what they were going through, it didn't jump around in one chapter, which I actually liked.

As for how it turned out...I honestly didn't expect the ending. I also enjoy a book where you don't know what's going to happen. Or that you are thinking, "well, this is how I think it's going to be" and then at the end, it surprises you.

I have to say, my heart felt bad for the character known as Spencer. She did something that was unforgettable, I wouldn't say unforgivable, and then to be treated the way she was by her parents just made me quite upset.

As for my rating. I simply gave it 3 of 5 stars because I was expecting more and I didn't get it. I was a little disappointed in that. I love Sara Shepard as an author though. I'm currently reading her The Lying Game series now.


Star Rating:  






1 comments:

Lalaine said...

Hmm sounds like the other book that I have read last year, but I did love it. So sorry that you were disappointed though. but still sounds interesting, id like to add this on my list. thanks! nice review!

♥Ficbookreviews♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...