January 11, 2012

Book Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum

Title: Die for Me
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Release Date: May 10th 2011
Series:  Revenants
Source: ebook
Challenge: TBR Pile

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.

Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.

While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?


My Review:
This was a very good book from start to finish. I immediately fell in love with the whole story. To me, it was like a newer version of Twilight. The reason I say that is because of the 'forbidden' love situation.

Kate had recently lost her parents and had to move to Paris with her sister, Georgia. They had moved in with their grandparents.  Georgia is the wild and care-free sister that loves to be the center of attention and party. As to where Kate is more down to earth and has an 'old soul' as her mother would say. Kate is more headstrong.

Kate starts going to a cafe and encounters Vincent. A very handsome and very dashing young man with a secret.

The whole story was amazing from start to finish, I had a hard time putting it down. I found myself pushing my sleep further and further back to just finish this book because I refused to put it down. I loved the characters, especially Jules. Jules holds a special place in my heart and I can't wait to read more about all of them!


Final Thoughts:
A very amazing book from start to finish. Would definitely recommend this book to anyone that likes Twilight and paranormal romance!


Star Rating:   







1 comments:

Krystianna said...

Thanks for the review! I really want to check out this series. It sounds really good and the covers are beautiful. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...