May 26, 2013

Crafty Book Idea

So, most of you really don't know much about me. So I decided to write a few things about myself so you might understand why I wanted to show you this.

Hi! My name is Erin, I'm a 33 year old single mother. I love reading and writing reviews in my spare time. I developed a love of reading at a very young age, when my grandmother started to read to me. I used to love reading Amelia Bedelia (still do) and I loved Shel Silverstein. I still own his A Light in the Attic book and hope to pass it on to my soon to be 4 year old daughter.

I also picked up a few extra fine traits from my grandmother. Along with the reading, I also love cooking and love recreating new recipes or vamping up old ones. I also love to do crafts and have since my grandma gave me my own little box of trinkets and glitter and sequins and told me "here is the glue and paper, have fun". I have taken the love of crafts and have been teaching my daughter the very same things. Recently, I took a fancy with canning. I have been canning homemade jams and salsa and sauces for the past few months. Anything to keep myself busy.

I'm starting to get things together for a children's review blog where I will review anything children related, including books, toys and movies, and hope to see some of you there cheering me on. Maybe I can get that underway soon. My daughter has inspired me to do that.

I am currently unemployed, so with all this free time on my hands, I hope to get everything underway soon. I also wanted to let you all know that I am an Amazon associate and affiliated with The Book Depository. So anytime that you see those links on my posts or my sidebar and you decide to click and buy something, I get a small commission. I am in no way trying to get you to click on them, I just wanted to put that out there.

So I hope that you have learned a little about me. And now you can see why I am posting this, besides that this is such a cool and great idea.


I recently saw this posted on my Facebook page and instantly thought, "I have to do this". You can find old hardcover books at garage sales and such. I found the specs on this posted at the Creative Ideas site.

  • Conceal floating book shelf by umbra mounts to the wall and becomes invisible behind a stack of books
  • Constructed of powder-coated steel; mounting hardware included (inside fold of cardboard backing)
  • Supports up to 15-pound of books; maximum stack height 8-inch
  • Size: 5-1/2 by 7 by 6-1/2-inch; fits medium to large books.The maximum book depth is 10 inches.
  • Patented, award-winning design by miron lior; portion of proceeds donated to pratt institute school of art and design
You can purchase the mounts at Amazon

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...