June 14, 2013

Review: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Title: Carrier of the Mark (Carrier #1)
Author: Leigh Fallon
Publisher: HarperTeen
Genre: YA, UF, Mythology
Release Date: Oct 4, 2011
Source: RAK
Purchase: TBD | Amazon

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

This was an amazing read! For some reason I have been putting off reading this, maybe because I hadn't had the time, but I never owned a copy until recently. I received it as a R.A.K. and started reading it instantly. I am so glad that I did. I had a hard time putting this one down at bedtime. I found myself pushing the time before I finally had to put the book down and go to sleep.

This has mostly every girls dream. Most of us are drawn to foreign accents and mysterious guys. Adam DeRis is the perfect example. Mysterious, good looking and with an Irish accent to top it off. When Megan Rosenberg moves from the United States to Kinsale, Ireland, she knows that there is something different about Adam but she's not quite sure what yet. She's heard the stories about him and his family and the strange things that happen. But that doesn't bother her, she is still drawn to him. Adam can't quite put his finger on what it is about Megan that he is drawn to either, but he will soon find out.

The story and characters are just amazing, I have always been a fan of all things Irish and this book really drew me in. I recently started to read about Irish folklore and been wanting to study the mythology. So this one really had me intrigued. And now I can't wait for the second book of the series, Shadow of the Mark.

1 comments:

Stuffed Shelves said...

Sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...