September 12, 2013

{Review} Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell

Title: Goodbye, Rebel Blue
Author: Shelley Coriell
Publisher: Amulet Books
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Release Date: October 1, 2013
Source: ARC for review
Purchase: Amazon | TBD

Rebecca Blue is a rebel with an attitude whose life is changed by a chance encounter with a soon-to-be dead girl. Rebel (as she’s known) decides to complete the dead girl’s bucket list to prove that choice, not chance, controls her fate. In doing so, she unexpectedly opens her mind and heart to a world she once dismissed—a world of friendships, family, and faith. With a shaken sense of self, she must reevaluate her loner philosophy—particularly when she falls for Nate, the golden boy do-gooder who never looks out for himself. Perfect for fans of Jay Asher’s blockbuster hit Thirteen Reasons Why, Coriell’s second novel features her sharp, engaging voice along with realistic drama and unforgettable characters.
Shelley Coriell is an amazing author. Her first book, Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe (my review can be found here), was her phenominal debut novel and Rebel Blue is nothing short of amazing itself. It has extraordinary characters and a amazing story. As with her first novel, I finished this book in just over a day, I found that I had read the first half of the book while laying in bed and I just couldn't wait to read the rest.

Rebel is a loner, she prefers it that way, ever since her mother died. Not too many people understand her with her snide and cocky remarks, and not too many people want to be her friends, except for Kennedy Green. But as fate takes a nasty turn, Rebel finds herself doing something she never thought she would do.

As with most books, the reader is left with wanting more. This book was about doing things on your bucket list. I was hoping the author would have gone into a little more about Rebel's list. I would have liked to see how that turned out. But, I was still perfectly happy with ending. This book has inspired me to make my own bucket list because it reminds you that life is too short and anything can happen.


2 comments:

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

Great review! I'll definitely be reading this one for sure.

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

Kayla Beck said...

Thanks so much for bringing this book to my attention - lovely review.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...