March 27, 2017

Audiobook Review: Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee @LisaYee1 #AudiobookReview #BookReview

Title: Batgirl at Super Hero High (DC Super Hero Girls #3)
Author: Lisa Yee
Read By: Mae Whitman
Publisher: Random House
Genre: Middle Grade, Fantasy, Superheroes
Release Date: January 3rd, 2017
Source: Blogging for Books
Purchase: Amazon

Get your cape on with the DC Super Hero Girls™— the unprecedented new Super Hero universe especially for girls! Readers of all ages can fly high with the all-new adventures of Wonder Woman™, Supergirl™, Batgirl™, and some of the world’s most iconic female super heroes as high schoolers!

Batgirl has always hidden in the shadows—but does she have what it takes to stand in the spotlight at Super Hero High?

Barbara Gordon has always been an off-the-charts, just-forget-about-the-test super-genius and tech whiz, and then she gets the offer of a lifetime when Supergirl recognizes that Barbara’s talents make her an ideal candidate for Super Hero High. Donning the cape and cowl, Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl, ready to train at the most elite school on the planet, next to some of the most powerful teenagers in the galaxy. She’s always had the heart of a hero . . . but now she’ll have to prove that she can be one. Good thing she loves a challenge!


**I decided that I would let my 7 year old daughter review this one. She is branching into the book reviewing and turning into a wonderful little reader. So this review is from her POV**

I really liked Batgirl. I liked how she was the new girl and how she didn't have any super powers like the other girls did. I never read or listened to the other books in this series, so I really liked how I could understand it and not be lost. Batgirl seems to be very strong and determined to go to this new school. She made friends which is hard when you are the new girl at school. 

I also liked the reader. She had a very pretty voice and she seemed right for this reading part. I think I knew her voice because she sounded like Tinker Bell and I loved Tinker Bell! My mom is going to buy me the book to read so I can read along with the audiobook too!




Lisa Yee’s debut novel, Millicent Min, Girl Genius, won the prestigious Sid Fleischman Humor Award. Her other novels for young people, with nearly two million copies in print, include Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time, So Totally Emily Ebers, Absolutely Maybe, and two books about a fourth grader, Bobby vs. Girls (Accidentally) and Bobby the Brave (Sometimes). Lisa is also the author of American Girl’s Kanani books and Good Luck, Ivy. Her recent novel, Warp Speed, is about a Star Trek geek who gets beat up every day at school.

Lisa is a former Thurber House Children’s Writer-in-Residence whose books have been chosen as an NPR Best Summer Read, a Sports Illustrated Kids Hot Summer Read, and a USA Today Critics’ Top Pick.


Find Lisa: Website | Twitter | Facebook


Disclaimer: *I received a copy of this book for free to review, this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...