February 16, 2012

Follow Friday (11)


Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted 

Q: BeefcakeandBabes Asks: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?

Well, I recently came across a few unique character names as I was browsing books at Goodreads. One of which is Aoife from The Nightmare Garden. When I saw her name, it caught me off-guard because I have never seen that name before, so naturally, I had a hard time pronouncing it. Another name I came across was Zardi from The Book of Wonders, that one wasn’t as hard to pronounce, haha. And lastly, but not least, another one that I recently came across is Vespa from The Unnaturalists, I have heard the name before and have always liked it.








***Note: For some reason only known to my computer, I cannot leave comments on others blogs, it's not fully signing me in, but I will guarantee that I will follow you back if you are new or if I'm not currently following you. ***

 

6 comments:

Edel said...

Aoife. How would you pronounce that name? It sounds like some kind of elf, haha. I have to say Zardi is the most unique name I've encountered on this blog hop so far. I love names that have uncommonly used letters in them.

Have a great weekend!

Edel
http://room304.brokenphrases.info

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Aofie is definitely one I've never seen before. I liked this post it was short yet informative. Definitely following you and will read more when computer stops freezing on me. *sighs*

Laura BurgandyIce said...

I think I like Aofie - if I knew how to say it! Great unique choices!! I'm a new Linky follower!!
Here's my FF: http://www.burgandyice.blogspot.com/p/pinterest-book-bloggers.html

Stepping Out of the Page said...

Aoife is actually quite a common Irish name! I love your choices though, Erin! Vespa sounds very strange but pretty cool :D Great choices.

New to your blog!

Stephanie

P.S. If you haven't already, enter my International Giveaway

J. B. Kantt said...

Hey, I'm a new follower! :)

Those are some awesome names! I actually know a little girl named Aoife!!!!
I LOVE unique character names!

Have a FABULOUS Friday!!!! :D

J.B.
http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

Library Kary said...

New follower! Yikes - I wouldn't know how to pronounce Aoife either! Here's my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-7.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...