December 3, 2014

3 star review: Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross #BookReview @EgmontUSA @thesarahcross

Title: Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage #1)
Author: Sarah Cross
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Genre: Retelling, Teen, Fantasy
Release Date: April 10, 2012
Source: Publisher for Review
Purchase: Amazon | TBD | B&N

Summary from Goodreads:
When Mirabelle runs away from her godmothers to Beau Rivage, the city where she was born, she hopes to discover answers about her parents' tragic death. Instead, she finds a group of unusual teenagers, each with a fairy-tale curse. In this strange seaside city, scenarios from fairy tales are played out over and over, and Mira has her own part in the drama: she's a "Somnolent," doomed to prick her finger and fall into an enchanted sleep like Sleeping Beauty. The problem is she's not interested in the charming (but slightly boring) "prince" who is fated to be her romantic counterpart. Mira is much more attracted to suave, handsome Felix, who bears a curse he can't, or won't, explain to her.




I was completely intrigued by the cover of this. The beauty of it had me pulled in before I even read the synopsis on the back cover. I am a huge fan of retelling's and an even bigger fan of Sleeping Beauty, that's why I knew that this book was for me. However, this book wasn't what I expected.  

The story concept of this was pretty great. I really liked how most everyone in Beau Rivage had their own curses. And they were the fairy-tale type curse. It was pretty interesting to see all the different fairy-tales coming together in one book, which brought on the sense of Once Upon A Time from ABC.

I really didn't care much for the main character, Mira. She was stubborn and hard-headed and just not that interesting to me. Totally not what I was expecting in a main character. However, I really did enjoy Blue and Viv's characters. Would also have liked to seen someone with the Cinderella or Little Red Riding Hood curse.

This story had pretty good closure for the most part, but I would like to possibly see a sequel to this one just to see what happened with Felix.



Disclaimer: *I received a copy of this book for free to review, this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.


Sarah Cross is the author of the fairy tale novels Kill Me Softly and Tear You Apart (coming January 2015), the superhero novel Dull Boy, and the Wolverine comic "The Adamantium Diaries." She loves fairy tales, lowbrow art, secret identities and silence.

Find Sarah: Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Tumblr.





Have you tried Jamberry yet? These things are so much easier to put on than polish! They last and don't smell or smudge! They even make them for kids! You can even do book inspired nails. So with every review, I will be linking to my friend's and my Jamberry page with book inspired Jamberry!


Like these? It's Cherry Ice and White Romance!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...