December 11, 2014

5 star Review: The Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka @Skinnytaste @CrownPublishing @randomhouse

Title: The Skinnytaste Cookbook
Author: Gina Homolka
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Genre: Cooking
Release Date: September 30, 2014
Source: Blogging for Books
Purchase: Amazon


Gina Homolka is America’s most trusted home cook when it comes to easy, flavorful recipes that are miraculously low-calorie and made from all-natural, easy-to-find ingredients. Her blog, Skinnytaste is the number one go-to site for slimmed down recipes that you’d swear are anything but. It only takes one look to see why people go crazy for Gina’s food: cheesy, creamy Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken and Broccoli with only 420 calories per serving, breakfast dishes like Make-Ahead Western Omelet "Muffins" that truly fill you up until lunchtime, and sweets such as Double Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies that are low in sugar and butter-free but still totally indulgent.

The Skinnytaste Cookbook features 150 amazing recipes: 125 all-new dishes and 25 must-have favorites. As a busy mother of two, Gina started Skinnytaste when she wanted to lose a few pounds herself. She turned to Weight Watchers for help and liked the program but struggled to find enough tempting recipes to help her stay on track. Instead, she started “skinny-fying” her favorite meals so that she could eat happily while losing weight.

With 100 stunning photographs and detailed nutritional information for every recipe, The Skinnytaste Cookbook is an incredible resource of fulfilling, joy-inducing meals that every home cook will love.

So many of you are probably noticing that I am doing cookbook reviews here now. There is a very good explanation of that: I absolutely LOVE cooking and trying new foods! I have so many cookbooks and recipes I have found over the internet that I have printed out and have tried. I also love tweaking them to suit my and my families taste, especially when I have a very picky 5 year old in the house. This coming year, I have actually decided to start eating more healthy and low and behold, I won a silent auction at my daughter's school for a 3 month gym membership, so I will be cashing in on that come the new year plus eating more healthy. Win Win!

The Skinnytaste Cookbook has so many wonderful recipes in it, and guess what? You can't even tell they are healthy for you. I'm serious! Well some of them you can, but the majority of them you can't. We recently tried the Too-Good-to-Be-True Baked Potato Soup (my fiance and I love soup) and it was amazing! A lot of flavor and get this, it has cauliflower in it. Yep. And the only way that I usually eat my cauliflower is swimming in ranch or in a broccoli salad, where the broccoli dominates the cauliflower. I can't wait to try out the rest of the recipes!

I highly recommend this cookbook for everyone!



Disclaimer: *I received a copy of this book for free to review, this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.


Gina Homolka is the creator of Skinnytaste.com, an award winning blog filled with hundreds of easy, flavorful recipes that are miraculously low-calorie and made from all-natural, easy-to-find ingredients. Her blog, Skinnytaste, is the number one go-to site for slimmed down recipes that you'd swear are anything but.

Each month millions of readers visit Skinnytaste and learn how easy it is to cook healthy recipes for the whole family. Her work has been featured on Fitness Magazine, Better Homes and Gardens, Glamour.com, Oprah.com, among other media outlets.

Gina lives on Long Island with her husband and their two children.







0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...