January 4, 2015

5 Star Review: The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag by Mike Berenstain

Title: The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag
Author: Mike Berenstain
Publisher: ZonderKidz
Genre: Children
Release Date: December 23rd, 2014
Source: BookLook Bloggers
Purchase: Amazon 

In this newest Berenstain Bears Living Lights 8x8 book, The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag, Grizzly Gramps teaches Brother and Sister a valuable lesson about bragging and boasting.

When he happens to overhear the cubs bickering about who can see the most unusual cloud formations, Gramps puts a stop to the argument. He reminds them that being proud of a special talent from God is one thing, but bragging about it is foolish. Pride goeth before a fall! "

 I really love the Berenstain Bears. I have loved them ever since I was a little girl and my grandma would go out and buy me the newest book. We would sit together and read them, on rainy days, or when I didn't feel good, and even on days when everything was great. These were always the perfect bedtime/anytime book. Just a lot of great memories there, that is why I'm so glad that I can finally share this love with my little girl.

As always, the Berenstain's deliver. Not only was this as good as I remember the others, but I think this one had a little something extra to offer. Brother and Sister are up to no good again, but this time they are bragging about themselves to one another, trying to top the other. They soon realize what they are doing when Gramps points it out. This is a great book to teach your children that it's not alright to brag about your accomplishments, and it refers to the Bible as well (I don't remember the older ones doing that).

I can't wait to start buying more of these and even some of the classic ones for my daughter.



Disclaimer: *I received a copy of this book for free to review, this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.*


Mike Berenstain grew up watching his parents, Stan and Jan, working together to write and draw these lovable bears. Eventually he started drawing and writing about them too. Mike is married to Andrea and they have three children. They live in Pennsylvania, in an area that looks a lot like Bear Country. Visit the Berenstain Bears @ www.berenstainbears.com

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...