August 11, 2016

Cookbook Review: Modern Potluck by Kristin Donnelly #cookbook #bookreview #4star @kristinconfit

Title: Modern Potluck
Author: Kristin Donnelly
Publisher: Clarkson Potter
Genre: Cooking, How-To
Release Date: July 26, 2016
Source: Blogging for Books
Purchase: Amazon

Uncover the best dish

Modern Potluck is a cookbook and guide for today’s potluckers that delivers Instagram-worthy dishes packed with exciting, bold flavors. These 100 make-ahead recipes are perfect for a crowd and navigate carnivore, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan preferences gracefully. With beautiful color photographs and lots of practical information such as how to pack foods to travel, Modern Potluck is the ultimate book for gathering friends and family around an abundant, delicious meal.


This was a beautifully put together cookbook full of recipes and photos for almost every recipe. The recipes have many different ranges from dips to salads to main dishes and cocktails. However, when I view this book, I don't see "potluck". What I see is every day meals, some expensive to make and others maybe not so expensive. When I was growing up, a potluck involved meatballs, salads, brownies, just things that were simple and not so expensive to make. I don't think potluck when I see things made with lamb and the like.

So, while this book really isn't for me and my family, maybe its right up your alley.







Disclaimer: *I received a copy of this book for free to review, this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.




Kristin Donnelly is a food writer and recipe tester and developer. Before launching her career as a freelancer, Kirstin was an editor at Food & Wine for eight years, writing about healthy eating and wine pairing. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and their daughter.


Find Kristin: Website | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...