September 16, 2016

I'm Back! *Waves*


Hi everyone! It has been way too long since I've been on leaving you my oh so wonderful reviews. Most of you are probably wondering where I had gone off to, some of you may know (if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter). As most of you know, I got married for the first time last year. If you don't know, I don't know where ya'll have been!!?? But seriously, haha, I did get married last year, and last year was amazing. We went on a mini vacation to New Orleans and got some really cool things. But then all of a sudden, I went MIA for what seems like a year. Now at the beginning of the year, I hosted tons on reviews and giveaways. Most of you got your packages, a couple did not. And for that, I apologize. This is where I fill you in I what has been going on.

This year has been full of exciting new adventures, rough times, and new beginnings.

The exciting: We bought our very first house! I'm not talking about our very first house as a married couple, I'm talking about our very first house ever! Yep! We moved in to our home in January. So we really didn't get to decorate for Christmas. Boo! But it was worth it, and this year our new home will be filled with tons of new Christmas memories, for two very good reasons. The first being that it's our new home. And the second I will get to soon!

As most of you know, moving takes a lot of work. I thought I would organize everything and perfectly label everything so that it would go to the right rooms. Well my husband and his nephew thought better and decided, even though everything was labeled, that didn't matter, so put everything anywhere. I KNOW! Appalling! I just now got my daughters room fully unpacked and put everything up in there and my office/den is just now coming together as well. (This is why some of the packages never got mailed out, plus other reasons which I will get to).

The rough times: My husband works in the oilfield. So when everyone is celebrating the low gas prices, my husband is losing hours at work because the price of oil per barrel goes down, which means he has less work. So, after buying our home and being here for a couple of months, his paychecks starting going down due to being laid off 2 days per paycheck. This has been very rough for us and we have just enough for bills and the bare minimum. Hence why some of your packages never made it out (plus I just found some while unpacking). If your package never made it out, please email me @ jumpintobooks [at] hotmail [dot] com and I will get back in touch with you as soon as I can so we can work something out. Slowly the prices of the barrels are going back up so we are hoping his hours pick back up soon.

The new beginnings: Our new beginning didn't just start when we got married last year or bought our new home this year. It happened in May, May 16th to be exact, when we welcomed the birth of our son, Kaden Bryce, He was a welcome surprise to us when we found out we were pregnant last year in August. For us, he was our starting over. My husband is 48 with a 20 year old daughter and I'm 36 with a 7 year old daughter. Our little Kaden tied our two families together and has brought so much joy to us these past 4 months already. He definitely keeps me on my toes. This is why I have not been reviewing as much. But I plan on slowing coming back in to reviewing as I post reviews of the series that I have been finishing this year and my subscription boxes, plus others things.






What to expect

  • More posts regarding different subscription boxes. ie owlcrate, uppercase, charm with me and even some apps such as boxed.
  • Hopefully more reviews, anywhere between picture books up to young adult and cookbooks.
  • Maybe some bookish product reviews
  • Memes
  • Possibly some video review posts (if I feel brave enough haha)
  • Swag giveaways

Thanks for sticking with me! My first post will go live on Monday, September 19th, and will be a compilation of all my Uppercase Boxes with short reviews!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...