September 20, 2016

Subscription Box Review: #Owlcrate



Most everyone by now has heard of Owlcrate. In the event that you haven't, let me give you a little rundown of who they are and how they work.

Owlcrate is a monthly book box that deals mainly in young adult books and bookish awesomeness. Every month they have a different theme, i.e. Dystopia, Steampunk, fantasy, etc. They pick out a new release book and pair it with 3-5 bookish items that match that months theme. Owlcrate starts at $29.99 plus shipping. You can also skip months if you don't feel as if the theme is right for you, and if you miss a month you can go to their shop to purchase past months.

Here are a look at some of the past boxes that I opted in for plus my thoughts on each box.


April 2016: Dystopia

Owlcrate subscribers ended up getting a copy of Flawed by Cecelia Ahern, a mini Flawed poster and a Flawed temporary tattoo, a Maze Runner decal, Shatter Me coaster, 1984 mini notebook, Mockingjay Bracelet, quote picture and a Hunger Games magnet. 

While I have not read the book as of yet due to my massive TBR, it's definitely in my sights for the near future. Aside from the book my most favorite pieces in this box were definitely the bracelet and the coaster.


December 2015: Get Inspired

This box was pretty cool. It came with a copy of Da Vinci's Tiger by L.M. Elliott, which had been on my TBR for a while. It also came with Da Vinci's Tiger magnets, "What I Read" journal, To-Do List notepad, mini candle and another magnet (not pictured).

The book was amazing. I couldn't put it down and gave it a 4-star rating (review to come later). I really enjoyed the notebook and journal as well. The candle was something I could have lived without, and that was mainly for the strong coffee scent of it. The second magnet that was not pictured was a prince magnet which did not make it to my box, so it might have slipped through the cracks, so to speak. But that's alright, because my daughter probably would have taken it from me anyway.


September 2015: Leading Ladies

In September subscribers received a copy of Dumplin' by Julie Murphy, a Hermione art print, Game of Thrones Daenerys Targaryen mini Funko Pop!, Dauntless totebag, Katniss arrow necklace and a letter and sticker from the author.

I have not read the book yet but have heard wonderful things about it. I really loved the totebag and the necklace. My daughter loved the art prints.



Not Pictured:

May 2016: Steampunk box - Everland by Wendy Spinale
February 2016: Sci-Fi Love - The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
November 2015: Myths & Legends - Soundless by Richelle Mead


Verdict:
Owlcrate has not let me down as of yet. With the option to skip a month or two or three at a time, this makes this box a win in my book. With bookish awesomeness each month and really good books, its sure to please just about anyone. And now, if you get the same book in another subscription box, just take a picture of the two boxes side by side and send your photo to Owlcrate support and they will refund you half the cost of the book by Amazon price standards.


Sign Up:
October's box is Once Upon A Dream theme, don't miss out!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...