January 26, 2012

Book Review: Fairy Bad Day by Amanda Ashby

Title: Fairy Bad Day
Author: Amanda Ashby
Publisher: Speak
Genre: YA, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Release Date: June 9th 2011
Source: ebook
Challenge: TBR Pile

While most students at Burtonwood Academy get to kill demons and goblins, fifteen-year-old Emma gets to rid the world of little annoying fairies with glittery wings and a hipster fashion sense. She was destined to be a dragon slayer, but cute and charming Curtis stole her spot. Then she sees a giant killer fairy - and it's invisible to everyone but her! If Emma has any chance of stopping this evil fairy, she's going to need help. Unfortunately, the only person who can help is Curtis. And now, not only has he stolen her dragon-slayer spot, but maybe her heart as well! Why does she think it's going to be a fairy bad day?



My Review:
A very awesome book. I absolutely loved it! The characters were simply the best ever. As I love fantasy, this has to top some of my lists. 

While I loved the main characters, Curtis and Emma, I couldn’t help but love their mischievous, betting, helpful friends, Loni and Tyler more. Those two added humor and laughs to this great book.

While the plot was somewhat predictable and the ‘Pure One’ was also predictable, I still thought this story was one of a kind.

I liked this book so much that I’m afraid that if I keep on reviewing it this review will be nothing but a huge spoiler, haha. So I just suggest getting yourself a copy and read it for yourself, you won’t be disappointed.

Final Thoughts: 
A great book for anyone that likes fantasy or for the beginner reader into the fantasy world.



Star Rating:
  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...